Sign me up for anything salted caramel. I seriously can’t get enough! I know it’s not a “true” salted caramel situation here but this is a healthier version if you still want to enjoy that flavour combo. It’s the date, cashew butter and a little bit of salt that gives this smoothie caramel vibes.
Here’s a picture of all the ingredients you’ll need to make this.
- whole milk – I like adding whole milk for more protein but you can easily swap it with non-dairy milk
- frozen banana
- medjool date – you can use any dates you have on hand just make sure they are pitted!
- cashew butter
- sea salt
- vanilla protein powder – you can also use an unflavoured protein powder or if you don’t have any, you can omit it entirely
Salted Caramel Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup whole milk or other milk of choice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 medjool date pitted
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 4 to 5 ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!