Matcha has been all the rage for quite some time and I’m definitely here for all of the hype! To be honest, when I first started drinking matcha years ago, I had no idea what the benefits were. I was totally trying to be “trendy”, ha!
What I love the most about it, is that it has an amino acid called L-theanine which helps to provide energy, calmness and mental clarity, all in one! It’s a great alternative to coffee because it still has some caffeine but the other components help to balance things out without giving you those jitters from coffee.
4 Simple Ingredients
You read that correctly! All you need is four ingredients to whip this lemonade up.
maple syrup (if using)
If you prefer it be more sour, give it a taste after blending and then add more lemon if desired. You can also add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter. You can also omit the maple syrup if you don’t want to sweeten it all.
- 4 cups filtered water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup optional
- 1 heaping teaspoon matcha powder I used Soar Organics Everyday Matcha
- Using a blender, add in all of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and add more flavour if needed. If you want the matcha flavour to be stronger, add another teaspoon of the matcha powder.
- Pour into your favourite cups and add ice if desired.
- That's it!