These little cuties remind me of the most delicious sweet potatoes I’ve ever had from one of my favourite local restaurants in Toronto, The Simple Kitchen. Although these don’t do them justice I am impressed with myself for attempting to replicate them based on the flavours my taste buds picked up. If you’re ever in Toronto, you have to check them out!
Rosemary & Sage Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, slightly peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon mountain salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried rosemary
- 15 fresh sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut your sweet potatoes to your liking. I cut mine in half widthwise. Then I took each half and cut them into approximately 1 inch rounds. I laid the rounds flat and cut them into quarters.
- Toss your sweet potatoes into a large bowl and add the extra-virgin olive oil. Mix with hands to coat evenly.
- Add in all other ingredients, except the sage leaves and mix with hands again.
- Break up 5 sage leaves into small pieces, with your hands, and add them to the bowl. Mix with hands.
- Evenly spread the sweet potatoes on your baking sheet and make sure they are not touching each other so they cook better.
- Add the rest of the sage leaves on top! I spread them out all over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and then flip each piece and bake for another 15-20 minutes.