Carrot cake is super delish so naturally, I’ve come up with a healthier version for you! Nothing wrong with some carrot cake from time to time but these little guys are packed with nourishing ingredients like coconut oil and coconut flour, walnuts and delicious warming spices like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. These are very similar to my Pumpkin Pie Protein Bites
Carrot Cake Bites
- 1 cup packed Medjool dates pitted (about 6-7 dates)
- 1 cup walnut halves plus 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnut halves
- 2 carrots peeled and finely grated
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 - 1-2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling bites in
- Grate carrots and set aside.
- In a food processor, add 1 cup of walnuts and dates and then process until everything is broken down into small pieces. It will look/feel kind of pasty as the dates stick to the walnuts.
- Add the carrots, coconut oil, vanilla, sea salt, pumpkin pie spice and coconut flour. Process until everything is blended.
- Add the protein powder and process again.
- Add the mix into a bowl and then stir in the roughly chopped walnuts.
- Place mix in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to firm up (to make rolling easier) or put in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Form mix into little bite sized balls. Whatever size you like! Roll each bite in shredded coconut and place on a baking tray.
- Put them back in the fridge for 20-30 minutes or put in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Then they are ready to eat!