These are super easy and fun to make. There is no adding sugar other than the natural sweetness from the dates and some from the protein powder (depending on which one you use). The topping suggestions are just the tip of the iceberg. My favourite is the coconut flour because they remind me of little snowballs!
Chocolate Collagen Bites
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 heaping scoop chocolate protein powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 4 Medjool dates soaked
- For rolling optional:
- Coconut flour
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Hemp seeds
- In a food processor or high powered blender, add all ingredients except for the ingredients for rolling.
- Blend until smooth or until a dough like consistency forms. You will likely have to stop the blender a couple of times to scrape the sides down. You may also need to add more almond milk if it’s too dry.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and put in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes or 10-15 minutes in the freezer to firm up.
- Take out of fridge and form little bite sized balls and roll into desired toppings! Place on baking sheet or large enough container. I get three small bowls and add about ¼ cup of coconut flour, shredded coconut and hemp seeds in each bowl and then roll a bite into desired topping bowl. I like to switch them up.
- Put back in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to firm up (depending on the texture you prefer).
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.