These little bites of joy taste just like pumpkin pie and are good for you. What more can you ask for? The only sugar in them is some natural sugar from maple syrup. You can even omit it because the pumpkin puree has its own sweetness.
Pumpkin Pie Protein Bites
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup light buckwheat flour*
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup you can use other sweetener like honey or monk fruit or you can take it out completely
- Unsweetened shredded coconut to roll bites in
- Add everything to your blender (except shredded coconut) and blend until most of it is mixed together. You will need to scrape the sides down.
- Add mix to a bowl and use a spoon or spatula to make sure the batter is smooth.
- Put in the fridge for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and make little round balls and roll in coconut flakes.
- Place on baking sheet (I made 15) and put in the fridge or freezer to get firm. Fridge for about 1 hour and freezer for about 20-30 minutes.